8.29.20



Although we are still about three weeks out from the equinox, a hint of fall is in the air. The first of the leaves have begun to fall, likely those weakened by the normal dry season. The light has taken on that look, that rich golden hue that only occurs as we begin to descend into the harvest season.


Today was a day of gifting. Mo and I made the rounds, dropping off items we no longer needed on the porches of lucky recipients -- members of our local buy nothing group.

We receive what we put out into the world. I have to believe that. So good, good and hope, that is what must be put out into the world.

I spent my evening with a beloved magazine, a beloved person, and a beloved trail through the local wood. I harvest a tomato from the balcony garden, several more will be ripening in the coming weeks. We enjoyed a simple dinner of spinach pizza and sliced tomatoes.
I have plans brewing in my head, too soon to put them here. It's not a grand plan, but a simple one. Nature, forests, children young and old, connection, growth, community -- a simple plan with humble rewards.

I'm going to finish off my day with chamomile tea and strawberry toast. Simple, humble, complete.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A different place doesn't mean a different you

Radical Homeschooling

Journal 8.30.20